I created an infographic for WISE Village, a learning and living community for Women In Science and Engineering at NC State. This infographic gives some insight into the goals of the village and some benefits that come with being a member. After doing a lot of research on WISE, I learned about what the community stands for and what its overarching mission is— to increase the number of women in STEM-related fields. I think this infographic portrays WISE perfectly, as it has a lot of graphics that represent what WISE is all about. WISE focuses on encouraging personal growth for members alongside academic achievement in STEM classes. STEM classes are often challenging for students, especially at NC State (if you don’t believe me, just try to decipher the meaning of the symbols bordering this infographic!).

I really enjoyed making this infographic for WISE. Although WISE Village’s main mission is to increase retention rates of women in STEM, it does more than just function as an academic village. WISE offers countless opportunities for women to connect with others, collaborate, socialize, and have fun! The most challenging part of creating this project was having to look at the various math equations along the border. As an Elementary Education major,  Calculus is not something I regularly encounter (or enjoy encountering).

Overall, this infographic makes me appreciate WISE Village even more. I have a lot of respect for what the village is actively working to achieve and how it serves as a supportive foundation for women in STEM.